Surface Design Project

 I just want to begin this post by saying I wish there were more hours in the day. Unfortunately, like many students, I had a billion things to juggle these last couple weeks and so I couldn't invest as much time as I wanted to in this project. My goal changed from creating something super intricate to something simple instead. Here I wish to showcase my understanding and knowledge in creating surface designs patterns in Rhino3D.

My simple and gaudy pattern!

I wanted to focus on designs that I would see in tile work, something you'd see on your travels to Morocco or even India. There are many star shapes laid throughout the pattern to give that sense of familiarity to other lands.



I wanted to also focus on colour and contrast. While the design of the pattern is indeed simple, the colour can make it more interesting.



Here you can see the shapes that were created before I hatched them to life with colour. 

I really wasn't that thrilled with this pattern and hope to create another pattern post in the week to make up for this one!


Comments