Milestone Projects

Wow, we made it to the final OBDF 110 class! I feel like this semester flew by so quickly and I really enjoyed this class very much. I might be taking the 200 level class if it fits into my schedule. I hope each of you have an amazing summer :)

And without further adieu...


Milestone Projects from the Semester


Objectified: Response

iPod and Digital Camera



iPod and Digital Camera



For this project I chose items that were nostalgic and meaningful to me. I then created the iPOD and digital camera in TinkerCAD. This was a fairly simple project; however, learning this program took a bit of time and it served as a great introduction to following projects.


Mesh Mashup

Heart Beat Remixed Object

Using TinkerCAD and Rhino 7, we mixed (re-mixed) objects together to create something entirely new. I generated a number of remixed ideas for this project, and I was initially going to go with this creepy Hannibal inspired HIVE MIND piece but then scrapped it before the final:






Heart Beat



I went back to the drawing board and went with something a little more personal.  Here, my object title HeartBeat was created after finding .STL objects (the heart and flower) from Thingiverse. I imported them into TinkerCAD where I arranged them together, and then created a pair of headphones using simple shapes. I wanted to express the impact that music has had in my life. The flower blooming from the heart symbolizes growth and beauty. While the assembly of objects wasn't very difficult, the rendering of the final images in Rhino 7 took forever and after multiple software crashes, it finally persevered.



Papercraft Object

Sailor Moon's Moon Wand



I absolutely loved this project. After brainstorming ideas, I decided to create this Moon Wand from the Sailor Moon cartoon I watched as a kid. It was difficult figuring out how to make the pieces reflect the wands actual likeness, and after some tinkering, I was really happy with the end result. 






The prototype was made using a thinner type of cardstock, and so the structure of the piece was quite flimsy. After having the pieces professionally laser cut on thicker cardstock, the wand turned out so well. I loved the learning process and thought that went into the creation of this project.


Hybrid 3D Model

The Heart Mug... or paper weight



 

This project was a culmination of ideas from myself, Sara and Kalem. We brainstormed possibly hollow objects individual and brought them together as a group to create this Heart Mug. 



Ideas that I had generated prior to brainstorming with the group

Kalem's super cool ideas, as well as hybrid ideas 

Sara's beautiful cup, vase and bowl ideas




Here is the first hybrid form we thought about creating - however, we deemed that the structure would probably collapse, as the top part seemed too heavy.


After much discussion, we decided to go with this form and push it to printing. I definitely struggled with how to generate my ideas on Rhino and I wish I had some more skill in that area. Maybe in the future I'll come back to this and create something more advanced. I had a great time with my group and I think we all did an awesome job.

~FIN~





Comments