Papercraft - 1st Prototype

 To create my first Moon Wand prototype, I printed the templates on some cardstock paper. Once printed I cut out the pieces using an x-acto knife:




Once I had finished the tedious task of cutting and scoring, I realized that some of the bottom pieces were way too small and would be too difficult to assemble by hand. I also took note of how some of the tabs were too small to properly adhere into its shape:




As you can see from these photos, the tabs were too small to properly stick to the inside walls of the piece. For my final revision, I will make sure to elongate these tabs.

As mentioned earlier, some of the pieces were way too small - this made it too difficult to assemble. Instead, I put together the pieces that were large enough to construct:








I ran into issues with the centre octagons - they wouldn't fit into their designated cut out spaces. I will have to make these holes slightly larger for my final to make sure they will fit.

All-in-all, I think my first prototype went fairly well! The cardstock that was used for this was a little too thin. A thicker cardstock will allow for greater integrity of the piece and prevent the wand and other large pieces from being too flimsy.

Comments