Papercraft: Digital Samples

Diving further into our papercraft assignment, we have been tasked to create 10 digital samples that could be folded into paper models. These 10 samples should either focus on practice or items that hold significance in our lives.

For my first sample, I chose to create an original NES controller. I played a ton of Mario as a kid, so this brought back memories. It was fairly easy to create.


Moving on, I tried to create a microphone. I think if I were to use this again, I would opt for more sides on the polygon of the mic head to make it rounder. I would also add more detail.

Where would we be without a pencil? Especially in art school? I was pretty happy with how the concept of the pencil turned out.

In order to get more practice in, I created an 8-sided cylinder. Unfolding it was a bit difficult.
Since mental health is key in a pandemic, I decided to create a dumbell. The overall creation of this was simple and easy.

Here I wanted to make a container of some kind. Also easy.

For my next concept, I wanted to make something that could fit into something else. At first I thought I was doing well, but then I ran into a few issues at the end...



The inner circle was easy to unfurl; however, the outer circle was difficult. I couldn't figure out how to properly flatten the inner portion of the ring. Will ask how to deal with this in class.

Here I experimented with something a bit off centre.


In this concept, I wanted to create something rounder and tapered, almost like a light bulb (looks more like a torpedo). I hope to refine this kind of stuff later on.

For my last idea, I made a rupee.






Comments